Las Vegas Products Liability Lawyer
Your Legal Rights When Consumer Products Go Wrong
We rely on products every day and often take the safety of these products for granted. Of course, we rely on products being safe for use. We have regulations. We have laws. And still, we see harmful products coming to market and being sold, often putting consumers in harm’s way, and seriously injuring them.
When you’ve been harmed by a consumer product, you have legal recourse. At The Vegas Lawyers, our team of talented products liability lawyers will help you get the compensation you deserve for the injuries and losses that you’ve sustained as the result of a dangerous product. Contact The Vegas Lawyers at (702) 707-7000 for a free and confidential consultation.
When A Product Harms The User
When a product has been put into the marketplace, we, as consumers, have the right to trust that the product is safe for use. But often, many products find their way into the marketplace and are defective, whether in their original design, their manufacturing process, or their marketing. These products end up putting thousands of people in danger each year and causing serious injuries.
When a product harms a consumer, the manufacturer or other entities in the production chain can be held liable for resulting injuries. At The Vegas Lawyers, our Las Vegas products liability lawyers will hold companies accountable for their defective products and the injuries they’ve caused.
Harmful products can span multiple industries and can include the following:
- Foods and other consumable products
- Automobiles and automobile parts
- Medications, both over the counter and prescription drugs
- Medical devices and equipment
- Construction equipment and machinery
- Household and cleaning products
- Baby products
- Children’s toys
- Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, vape pens
- Lawn equipment
Although we all count on the rigorous testing and evaluation of products before they make their way to market to ensure their safety, the truth is that many products can fail for a variety of reasons. Products liability attorneys in Las Vegas hold large companies accountable for injuries from these products each and every day.
What Makes For A Defective Or Harmful Product?
Many steps go into the production and manufacturing of most of our consumer products. And at each step, something can go wrong. Products liability looks at the different points at which a product defect may happen in order to prove a claim and hold the right party liable.
Is the flaw of the product in its design? In a design defect, the flaw will affect a whole line of that product. Was the flaw created in the manufacturing of the product? In the case of a manufacturing defect, the defect may affect a percentage of those products that were produced during a certain point of manufacturing or assembling the product. A marketing defect or failure to warn defect is when a known harmful product is put on the market without the proper labeling or warning.
At any point in this chain of production, a Las Vegas products liability attorney will look at who should be held responsible for the harmful product and for compensation to the injured party. Injured parties can receive compensation for the following:
- Medical costs, surgeries, and medications
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Lost wages due to the inability to work
- Loss of potential future earnings capacity
- Pain and suffering
If the harmful product caused a death, certain family members may be entitled to file a claim for wrongful death benefits.
Products Liability Claims And Strict Liability
In Nevada, products liability laws recognize the legal doctrine of strict liability as it applies to dangerous and defective products. This means that the injured party and their Las Vegas products liability attorney do not need to prove negligence in order to bring forth a claim.
This type of products liability claim must meet specific criteria to support it. There must be proof that the following existed:
- The product was defective
- The defect existed when it left the defendant’s possession
- The product was used reasonably in the manner it was intended or was foreseeable by the defendant
- The defect caused injury to the plaintiff
Each element of a strict liability claim must be proven in order to be successful. Although it seems straightforward, experienced products liability lawyers in Las Vegas know that it can be a complex undertaking.
Who Can Be Held Liable For Injuries Caused By A Harmful Product?
A defective product did not get produced in a vacuum. Many parties played a part in its journey from an idea to the market shelves. And depending on the defect, different parties can be held accountable and liable for any injuries that have been suffered because of that defect. A talented Las Vegas products liability attorney will look at all parties involved in the production and include them in an injury claim. These can be the following:
- The designer – when the basic blueprint of a product is flawed and the defect is in the design of the product, the designer may be held accountable for injuries.
- The company that manufactured the product – the manufacturer of a product has a great responsibility along each step of the manufacturing process to put out a safe product.
- The manufacturer of parts and components – when a defect is in a part of the product, the manufacturer of the part may be held liable for injuries.
- The company that installed or assembled the product – when the flaw was in the way a product was assembled, the party or company that was responsible for that assembly may be held accountable for injuries and damages.
- The retailer – when your store puts a product on its shelves, there is an implicit understanding that the product is safe to use. Consequently, a retailer may be held liable for a defective product.
- The wholesaler – as the bridge between a manufacturer and a retailer, a wholesaler also has a responsibility to ensure the safety of the product that is put into the marketplace and can be held liable.
It is the job of a skilled Las Vegas products liability attorney to fully investigate a product’s journey of production to determine where on this timeline the defect took place and, consequently, which entities may be held responsible for an injury.
What Damages Can Be Recovered In A Products Liability Suit?
Depending on the severity and circumstances of the injury, there are many damages that may be available under a products liability claim. These can be for economic damages that are quantifiable in dollars and cents, non-economic damages that are less quantifiable, and punitive damages that serve to punish a manufacturer.
Economic damages are those that compensate the injured party for things such as the following:
- Medical costs
- Physical or occupational therapies
- Lost wages
Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, are less quantifiable.
Las Vegas products liability lawyers understand the nuances and complexities of Nevada products liability laws and personal injury damages as they apply to these laws. When going up against large companies, manufacturers, retailers and their associated insurance companies, it’s vitally important to get the legal advice of an experienced attorney to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Proving Successful Products Liability Claims In Las Vegas
At The Vegas Lawyers, our skilled team of Las Vegas personal injury lawyers has successfully proven hundreds of products liability claims and recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients and their families.
If you’ve been injured by a defective product, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Contact us through this website or call us at (702) 707-7000 for a free consultation to discuss your case. There are never any legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.